Deed of Assignment
- Which rights do I assign to GEMA with the Deed of Assignment?
- Do I have to acquire a GEMA licence (event, CD, online) when I play my own works?
- I have recently registered as an Online Portal user. Why have I not yet received a Deed of Assignment?
- Can I become a creator or publisher member of several collective management organisations (for music) in the world at the same time?
- How do I add rights to or remove them from the Deed of Assignment?
- What do I have to do if I want to use music for a film production?
- What do I have to do if I want to use music for a promotional film?
- I wish to upload music content to a video platform such as YouTube. What do I need to consider?
- I want to offer a cover version for download/streaming/sale. What do I need to consider?
Synchronisation rights for UCG platforms
- What did the 2020 General Assembly decide when it comes to managing synchronisation rights for UGC platforms?
- How is the new version of the Deed of Assignment different to the rules applied previously?
- What level of licensing income can I expect from UGC synchronisation rights and what is the distribution of this income going to look like?
- Does the new scheme regarding the synchronisation rights affect all online exploitations or uses of my works?
- Does GEMA also issue the synchronisation rights for commercials and advertising on UGC platforms under the new scheme?
- Can I take action against the use of my works in UGC contents in individual cases under this new scheme in future?
- How does it work if I want to revoke rights for commercial UGC work under the new scheme? Is there a deadline?
- What do I need to do if I want to license the synchronisation rights for commercial content on UGC platforms myself?
- Do the new provisions on the synchronisation rights for UGC platforms apply to me personally?
- What are the consequences for me if I have objected to the new regulations regarding the synchronisation rights for UGC platforms and/or they do not apply to me for anoth
- I have objected to the amendment of the Deed of Assignment but would like to withdraw it. How do I go about that?
Your topic is not currently listed? We’d love to help you over the phone.
Mon - Thu: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Fri: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm