- GEMA is not responsible for blocked videos. (As early as 2014, the Regional Court Munich remarked how YouTube was creating a false impression among its users.)
- The majority of such videos is automatically blocked by a control algorithm applied by YouTube.
- The text on the 'blocked content' notice is cheap propaganda and is supposed to increase public pressure while GEMA is fighting in the courts for authors to have a right to fair pay.
- YouTube refuses to give the authors their due pay - instead it wants the uploaders to foot the bill.
- Musicians/authors/creators are defending themselves against YouTube & Co. at European level - just like their American colleagues.
Don't spread the “GEMA blockade” fairytale! You only help online platforms such as YouTube to continue using music and other contents for its own profit but without paying creatives their due share. Support the authors instead, who have been left empty-handed so far as it is them who provide you with the joy of music.