More questions? Search here:

Do I have to acquire a GEMA licence (event, CD, online) when I play my own works?

Yes, when you conclude a Deed of Assignment, you fully assign the exploitation rights to GEMA. As a consequence, you must always acquire a GEMA licence, even if you are a music user yourself. This is the case if you organise concerts where your own works are played exclusively (it is always the event organiser who has to acquire the licence), if you produce sound recordings or if you include your works for self-presentation on your own website. Income from such exploitations will, however, be paid out to you, once we have deducted the administration costs. In the case of presenting your own works on a personal website, the licence might be free of charge under certain conditions.

Need anymore help? Get in touch!

+49 (0) 30 726215-61

Mo - Thu: 9am to 5pm | Fr: 9am to 4pm