More questions? Search here:

What do I have to do if I want to use music for a film production?

In principle, the law on copyright is always applicable. If you wish to use the intellectual property of a third party, in your case protected musical works, for a film production, you must contact the rightsholder(s) and obtain their permission to do so. The synchronisation right must be cleared.

Only in the case of own or commissioned TV productions (exclusively for broadcast purposes) are we, GEMA, allowed to offer repertoire without obtaining prior clearance from the rightsholders.

Need anymore help? Get in touch!

+49 (0) 30 726215-61

Mo - Thu: 9am to 5pm | Fr: 9am to 4pm