More questions? Search here:

My works are also used in other countries. Do I have to register them with GEMA only or also with the collective management organisation of the corresponding country?

You do not need to register your works with another collective management organisation because we have entered into representation agreements with many foreign collective copyright management organisations. It is therefore enough if you declare all of your existing and future works to us.


  • You are also a member of one (or more) other collective copyright management organisation(s). Then you must also register your works there.

  • Your works are used in countries with which GEMA does not have a representation agreement.

Need anymore help? Get in touch!

+49 (0) 30 726215-61

Mo - Thu: 9am to 5pm | Fr: 9am to 4pm