More questions? Search here:

What do I have to do if I want to use music for a film production or a video?

In principle, copyright law is always applicable. If you wish to use the intellectual property of a third party, in your case protected musical works, for a film production or a video, you must contact the rightsholder/s (creators/publishers) and obtain their permission to do so. The synchronisation right must be cleared.

Only in the case of own or commissioned TV productions (exclusively for broadcast purposes), GEMA is allowed to offer repertoire without obtaining prior clearance from the rightsholders.

Need anymore help? Get in touch!

+49 (0) 30 1200210-53

Monday to Friday: 7am until 6pm