We hold a so-called membership account for each member. This is where we aggregate all credits and debits.
You typically receive credits for the use of works, debits for charges such as the membership fee, for example.
Your account statement shows a summary of all your accounting transactions, sorted by categories.
Just like in online banking for current accounts, music creators and publishers who get an activation for the GEMA Online Services can access their account movements of a full month online. Account statements, analyses and so-called status reports can be filtered, downloaded as an Excel file and printed out. This is easy and can be done anytime.
You can read about all the relevant important information in ourTutorial.
My financial details - an overview:
- Transactions credits, invoices, payments, settlements/offsettings
- Account statements filter, export, download and print options
- Status report your royalties, sorted by categories per year
- Advance payments documentation and current overview
- Assignments and distraints documentation and current overview
The account statement
The following is usually included in the account statement:
- Attachment “Credits”
- Attachment “Debit”
The entries listed in the attachments are accumulated on the account statement. It is important to show the booking entries this way so that GEMA can provide a consistent proof of credits and debits.