Submit a notification for your works
- How can I register my works with GEMA?
- How can I ensure my works are protected?
- By when do I have to submit a work notification?
- Do I need to register all authors or only GEMA members?
- When I declare my work, why do you ask me whether the work is in the public domain (free of copyright)?
- My works are also used in other countries. Do I have to register them with GEMA only or also with the collective management organisation of the corresponding country?
- A co-author is member of another collective management organisation. Do I have to notify them of joint works or is a work declaration to GEMA enough?
- I am a member of several collective management organisations. Where do I have to send my work declarations?
- My works are used in countries where GEMA does not have a representationagreement with another collective management organisation. What do I need to do?
- What is an ISWC? Why does my work not have an ISWC?
- What are TIS Codes? Where can I find information on the territory standard TIS?
Work changes & arrangements
- How can I notify you of changes to the works?
- I would like to change the author details on a work that has already been registered. What do I need to do?
- I want to remove my publisher from the work documentation. What can I do?
- What is the difference between a cover version and an arrangement of a work?
- How do I register an arrangement and what do I need to consider?
- (I want to arrange a work.) What can I do if the author of the work is unknown?
- How do I notify GEMA that the work in question is subject to a combined term of protection?
- If I am a reprint arranger or a reprint publisher, do I automatically participate in GEMA pay-outs?
- What do I need to be aware of as a publisher if I use the Electronic Confirmation Process (ECP)? What has changed as a result of the new derivation logic?
- What is a soundfile?
- When is it worth uploading a soundfile using the online portal?
- Is there a user manual?
- Which browsers can I use for the sound file upload?
- Where is the data saved?
- Where do you send my soundfiles once they have been approved?
- Does the upload of a soundfile replace the GEMA work notification?
- Which formats can I use for my uploads?
- What may a soundfile contain?
- Which versions of the recording are required?
- Is there a difference whether a soundfile is uploaded in mono or in stereo?
- Can I upload several soundfiles for a GEMA work number?
- Can I also upload the entire score of a film and a radio play?
- What do the respective “approval” status details mean?
- Why does the status not change even though I have entered all mandatory details?
- Can I upload several soundfiles and is there a mass upload?
- Can I add or approve/release metadata for several soundfiles simultaneously?
- Can I upload metadata en masse in just one file?
- Is there an API for the soundfile upload?
- Can I restore deleted soundfiles?
- Can I withdraw approvals that I have given for monitoring?
- Can I edit soundfile information and/or the work allocation after the approval/release?
Your topic is not currently listed? We’d love to help you over the phone.
Mon - Thu: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Fri: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm